Aloha and welcome to the Island of Hawaii for families! "Ohana" means Familly!
Your First Choice Travel and Cruise Hawaii Destination Specialist will work with you on choosing the right islands, the right resort, the right sightseeing options and secure the best rate and value for your ALOHA trip of a lifetime!
Why spend all your hard earned time and effort if you don't know the ins and outs of Hawaii! We work closely with the suppliers, hotel managers and know the sales, perks and benefits of Hawaii vacations.
Where else can you stay in the US and visit pristine beaches and gorgeous mountain views....and don't forget the ALOHA SPIRIT!
Hawaii is the perfect island getaway for couples, families and your next vacation!
Let us demonstrate our expertise and value. We get compliments and thank you's every day for our help! Don't take our word for it.
There are many FREE things to do in Hawaii and we are happy to share them with you. Other sights come with a small fee and other once in a lifetime excursions like helicopter tours which are well worth the expense!
- We know the best family resorts with the KEKEI CLUBS for kids! Enjoy the Hawaiian Cultural experiences and events along with arts, crafts, hula dancing, lei making, beach scavenger hunts and movies on the beach!
OAHU: The Gathering Place!
Honolulu, Waikiki and Oahu are what we call the first island most of our guests arrive at in Hawaii. If this is your first visit or if you haven't been there in quite a while you are in for a surprise.
The spirit of ALOHA is alive and well on this bustling island. There is a variety of options to keep everyone happy from Mom, dad, grandparents and even the kids.
With the number #2 beach in all of America, Waikiki and its watersports will astound you. Surfing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboards, snorkeling and so many choices of boats will impress you. The Atlantis submarine is here waiting to take you below.
Shopping, fireworks, Luau's, world class spas, live music, hula dancers and more will draw you in to this incredible Hawaiian island. Oahu is also home to an enormous range of kid-friendly activities.
Here are some of First Choice Travel and Cruise's most popular family friendly sightseeing tours and tips to make the most out of your HAWAIIAN VACATION!
- Pearl Harbor is home to the Arizona Memoral and one of the top sights not to be missed. Everyone needs to hear a bit of history of this final resting place of the crewman and battleship.
- The Polynesian Cultural Center is another popular and favorite for all ages. Authentic Villages featuring different Polynsian islands. Each representing costumed natives who share thier cultures through dance, games, crafts and story telling. There is also a package with a luau and live entertainment. Depends on how long you have to spend here.
- The Bishop Museum offers exhibits highlighting cultures across the South Pacific along with history of Hawaii. Stop at the Honolulu zoo for a chance to see komodo dragons and other animals.
- Aloha Festivals are fun and filled with activities for everyone to enjoy and get into the ALOHA SPIRIT!
- Looking for a little quieter area, Ko Olina might be just what you are thinking of.
SOME FUN AND FREE IDEAS FOR FAMILIES:
- Family Fun at the Beach: Snorkel at Hanauma Bay, kyak at Kailua Beach or surf Waikiki Beach!
- History Lesson: Discover WWII at Pearl Harbor and Hawaiian history at the Bishop Museum.
- Royal Family: Everyone is excited to hear about the royal family at 'lolani Palace and Queen Emma's Summer Palace.
- Hiking: Climb Diamond Head and discover the beauty of sacred Wamea Valley.
- Swim with the dolphins: The Sea Life Park is where you want to go.
- Take some surf lessons and Surf with the pros. These instructors know where the waves are consistent and not as dangerous.
- Hawaiian Hula and Music: Catch te "Free" sunset Kuhio Beach Torch lighting and hula show in Waikiki. Take the time for a free Ukeulele lesson at the Royal Hawaiian Center.
TIP: Spend the morning at the Honolulu Zoo or Waikiki Aquarium and then play at the beach all afternoon! Keep everyone happy, busy and find time to relax too.
Gayle Zielke, Hawaii Akamai Specialist says, "Maui is the most requested and popular island of Hawaii for a reason. There is so much to see and do here you will never be bored even if keep going back!"
Maui gives you three different destinations in one: Maui, Molaka'i and Lana'i. Ask Gayle about the spinner dolphins you can swim with for free!
- From championship golf courses, amazing beaches with a multitude of watersports, watching the humpback whales (DEC-MAY), take a ferry over to Molokai or Lanai, deep sea fishing, hiking, horseback riding, biking, four-wheeling, snorkeling and more....
- The Maui Ocean Center is the only marine park dedicated to Hawaii's marine life with over 60 indoor and outdoor exhibits. 750,000 gallon ocean exhibit with over 2000 fish are not to be missed.
- Haleakala National park is where you can swim with the sea turtles or watch the sunrise.
- The Sugar Cane Train might be a fun journey to try.
- The Whalers Village Museum is interesting for all ages.
- Whale watching boats leave daily from the pier.
- A quieter island lush with spectacular mountain peeks, cliffs, waterfalls and even the Fern Grotto awaits you. With so many different type of beaches to explore imagine all the options for water adventures you can join in on. A lot of the activities take place on the water on this Hawaiian island. Or take a helicopter tour here as this will be the only way to see some of these magnificant waterfalls and view of the gully. My favorite island for helicopter viists is Kauai.
- Many movies were filmed here like Jurasic Park, and once you visit and experience the island you will know why.
- Mountain tubing where children 5 and older may participate in floating down the waterways and tunnels is a very popular activity.
- Wailua River state park is best experienced from the water. Visit Fern Grotto, the Opaeka'a Falls and Wailua falls. Try Kyaking here with the pros.
- It is all about the floral and fauna here. I visited a wonderful gardens here that were so amazing I have to go back and bring my sister who is a florist. She would be in heaven! It was a tropical paradise I still remember to this day!
HAWAII...The Big Island
- You want to see a volcano, this island in Hawaii is where you want to visit. This volcano is contstantly changing. You can hike over hardened lava (do not wear flip flops, it is really rough walking) and if you go before dark and want to see the lava flow bring your flashlight for sure because on the walk back you will need it.
- You can also book a tour by boat or helicopter to see it from another angle.
- Astronomy buffs will love this island. There is the Imiloa Astronomy center of Hawaii and I actually witnessed the most beautiful sight of the stars in action here after a little rain. It was awesome!
The Hula Kai is bustling with families boarding the Fair Wind's Manta Snorkel and Dive Adventure to go swimming in the dark. It is a great experience for everyone even if you aren't a big swimmer. There is a float to hang onto and to be able to see manta rays pursuing plankton. I did this while I was here and it was amazing.
ACTIVE EXPERIENCES FOR FAMILIES WITH TEENS AND OLDER:
- Outrigger Canoe Rides....Surf waves in an outrigger canoe on Waikiki Beach
- Pipiwai Hiking Trail...Great for you and your active teenagers on Maui, check out 2 waterfalls, pack a picnic lunch
- Ziplining...Spectacular range of ziplining options in Maui, try the multiple-line course, experience together the majestic mountains and Pacific Ocean
- Night swim with the Manta Rays.....Snorkeling on the Big Island of Hawaii with manta rays at night is an experience (Gayle Zielke) will never forget. Very thrilling and popular.
- Imiloa Astronomy Center...Near the Kona airport the Hawaiians used to navigate sailing vessels with only the stars to guide them. Do star gazing at night on this island for sure!
- Sport Fishing...Perfect activity in Hawaii to watch for the sea turtles, dolphins, whales in season enjoy the ocean playground while you are waiting for the catch of a lifetime. Some fisherman will allow you to take your catch back to the resort chef for your next meal!
- Mountain Tubing...Experience a unique and fun water experience in Kauai, enjoy the spectacular views of the Waialeale crater and mountains.
- Stand-Up Paddling...This ancient Hawaiian sport of stand up paddling is part of Hawaii's heritage, enjoy the views in Kauai.
Another hot tip for Hawaii: When you arrive at your hotel check to see what night / time the HULA dancers and Luau's are held so you can plan ahead to be there. Also your resort may have a kids club that provides Hawaiian themed activities that they will not want to miss.
Experience the perfect Island Getaway with the aloha spirit! When it is time to start planning your VACATION, contact the EXPERTS, not the Amateurs! Ask for a First Choice Travel and Cruise Hawaii Akamai Specialist to insure your trip to Hawaii is unforgettable!