Imagine the most memorable adventurous wedding in the world
....in Costa Rica!
Costa Rica is really a unique destination which appeals to eco-tourists, beach and adventure lovers, history buffs, romantics and families alike. The protected natural resources here and countless species of exotic plants, animals and marine life, each offer its own unique attractions, from Costa Rica’s incredible Arenal Volcano to the infamous Zipline (which began in Costa Rica), river rafting, cloud forrests, scuba, surfing, snorkeling.. and more. The appeal to get up close and personal with monkeys, exotic birds, even the hot springs is exciting.
Why wouldn't you want to get married and bring some of your friends and relatives to this wonderful exciting destination!
Costa Rica is the perfect destination for a wedding! Costa Rica Wedding Requirements:
The following "Wedding Requirements List" provides all the necessary details you need to provide to us. We will also send you a questionnaire via email, on which you may provide all the necessary information.
The following information for both groom and bride is required:
1. Full name. (First, middle and last names; no initials).
2. Profession/Occupation. (Please describe; for example: CORRECT: engineer, electronic technician, school teacher, broker, assistant in electric company, etc; INCORRECT: service technician, assistant, assistant manager, strategy consultant, manager, operations manager, etc).
3. Current address. (Street address). This is your home address.
4. Passport number and nationality. Each passport needs to be signed by the bearer. A preliminary copy of each passport is needed -photo/information page only. You can either scan the images or email them or you may fax them.
5. Marital status. If divorced, please indicate the date, city and state, name of Court that decreed the divorce, and the full name of ex-spouse, no initials, please. Note: If more than one divorce, the same required information and accurate dates must be submitted.
6. Date and place of birth. (City, state or province and country).
7. Full name of Father and Mother and current citizenship. (No initials, Mother’s maiden name). Preferably, attach copy of passport of father and mother.
8. Street address. This is the address where the final documentation will be sent. The courier company requires a street address. Package containing the Certificate of Marriage will require a "received" signature (no PO Box are allowed).
9. Phone number. Necessary for the courier company (in case they can’t find the address).
The procedure for a valid marriage in Costa Rica involves the signing of two documents once the marriage ceremony is concluded. One is a sworn statement attesting principally to your marital status, thus avoiding any further proof. The other is the marriage document itself. After the ceremony, the lawyer cannot give you a Certificate because paperwork must be submitted to the Civil Registry of Costa Rica, first. The whole processing of documents, which includes translation and authentication by the Consulate of your country of residence may vary, and usually takes up to 90 days.
For our customers tranquility, 7 days after the ceremony, our wedding planners will send you a document that proofs that all paperwork regarding your wedding has been submitted to the Civil Registry of Costa Rica for the due process.
Once everything is ready, the Marriage Certificate will be sent, along with instructions, to the address you provided.
The process is really quite simple if you have the right contacts in Costa Rica and thankfully we do. We are happy to help you with the most important day of your life. Don't take chances with inexperience, contact a Destination Wedding Specialist at First Choice for this event.
The best souvenir is spending time with your friends and family for this special occasion!
Our company has hosted Costa Rica nights with our Costa Rica contacts from CAT TOURS (Costa Rican Family Owned and operated) who we have been working with for 27 years and have earned our trust!! First Choice has sent many, many clients throughout the years to Costa Rica and we definately work well with CAT TOURS.
For information on how YOU can get married in Costa Rica please contact First Choice Travel and Cruise and ask for a Costa Rica Specialist today. 800-896-4360 or 262-542-5955 or
WEDDING PICTURES WERE TAKEN AT THE ARENAL NAYARA HOTEL. COMPLIMENTS OF OUR FRIENDS FROM CAT TOURS IN COSTA RICA. http://www.catours.net/
Please see our Costa Rica page for more information on this amazing destination.
If you would like to check out what our clients have to say about their exciting adventures in Costa Rica.
A COUPLE OF AMAZING COSTA RICA WEDDINGS!!
A COUPLE OF AMAZING COSTA RICA WEDDINGS!!
Brett May and Jessica Hill
Wedding was: Amazing
We had an amazing trip and a perfect wedding day. Could not have asked for a better place to be for our special day with so many of our friends and family. Thank you for helping us make it all happen. We did a number of the excursions including jungle-top ziplining, a catamaran cruise where we saw whales and dolphins, and a great beachfront horseback ride. Also saw baby, sea turtles being born on the beach; priceless. The weather was gorgeous and the pools were great.
We had an amazing time, the resort/people far exceeded our expectations and were really great to us! The food was great, we had a ton of fun at the pools and beach everyday. We did ziplining and a boat trip where we saw dolphins and whales.
Everything you setup in advance went smoothly, which was a huge stress relief. The wedding itself was beautiful at sunset and the pictures tell it all!
Thanks again for everything, it really was a trip of a lifetime!!