DREAMING OF A FIJI WEDDING?
What could be more romantic and exciting than a perfect island wedding in FIJI?? Combine a little adventure, your Honeymoon and Wedding on one of the most exciting islands of PARADISE!
More information on Fiji.
The requirements for a legal wedding in Fiji:
Requirements for APPLICATION FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE
- Overseas visitors intending to get married in Fiji are required by law to obtain and sign a marriage license of their choice from a nearest marriage registry prior to the marriage ceremony. It is important that the marriage parties must provide the following personal papers:
- Original Birth certificate for both the Bride & Groom
- Passport with valid legal status of applicants
- Divorce Papers (If divorce granted in the last 5 years - please confirm current marital status
- Death certificate of spouse died
- Certificate of Single Status (or) Certificate of no legal impediment is required to be produced by the following:
1) Marriage Applicants where one party is a local and the other is a foreign citizen
2) Marriage Applicants who were former citizens of Fiji
3) Marriage applicants who are foreigners and residing in Fiji
4) Asians who are not citizens of one of these countries: Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK, Japan and European countries.
- Marriage Applicants with visitors' visas or bona fide tourists to Fiji from Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK and European countries are fully exempted from this requirement (Except applicants who were previously married, are to confirm current marital status if divorce has been granted in the last 5 years)
- Marriage Applicants from Japan must produce the KOSEKI-SHOUHON, to certify their personal details.
- Consent of the father, if one of the parties is under 21 years (or) mother if father dies. The valid marriage ages in Fiji is 16 years old for females and 18 years formale.
- The presence and names of two witnesses who are 21 years of age and over.
- Marriage applicants from Asian countries including: China, Philippines, Pakistan, India, Korea must apply one month in advance and produce police clearance together with other translated personal documents.
- Application form for special license can be obtained from Head Office of the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Suva, the Divisional Registrar Offices either in Lautoka or Labasa or any offices of the District Offices. This License is valid only for 28 days from the date of issue. [within which the marriage may be performed is stated in the license] and the marriage officer should satisfy himself/herself that the license is still in force.
- In the event the client require an Apostle Stamp on their Wedding Certificate , there will be an extra charge. At the present time it is estimated at F$150.00. This is a Government Levy and is subject to change without notice.
Call a First Choice Travel and Cruise FIJI Matai Specialist today to book YOUR FIJIAN WEDDING!
"I would love to recommend a vacation for you that will exceed your expectations ...and I know just the slice of Paradise...YOU...are looking for!"