Imagine the most memorable adventurous wedding in the world
....in Costa Rica!
Costa Rica is really a unique destination which appeals to eco-tourists, beach and adventure lovers, history buffs, romantics and families alike. The protected natural resources here and countless species of exotic plants, animals and marine life, each offer its own unique attractions, from Costa Rica’s incredible Arenal Volcano to the infamous Zipline (which began in Costa Rica), river rafting, cloud forrests, scuba, surfing, snorkeling.. and more. The appeal to get up close and personal with monkeys, exotic birds, even the hot springs is exciting.
Why wouldn't you want to get married and bring some of your friends and relatives to this wonderful exciting destination!
Costa Rica is the perfect destination for a wedding! Costa Rica Wedding Requirements:
The following "Wedding Requirements List" provides all the necessary details you need to provide to us. We will also send you a questionnaire via email, on which you may provide all the necessary information.
The following information for both groom and bride is required:
1. Full name. (First, middle and last names; no initials).
2. Profession/Occupation. (Please describe; for example: CORRECT: engineer, electronic technician, school teacher, broker, assistant in electric company, etc; INCORRECT: service technician, assistant, assistant manager, strategy consultant, manager, operations manager, etc).
3. Current address. (Street address). This is your home address.
4. Passport number and nationality. Each passport needs to be signed by the bearer. A preliminary copy of each passport is needed -photo/information page only. You can either scan the images or email them or you may fax them.
5. Marital status. If divorced, please indicate the date, city and state, name of Court that decreed the divorce, and the full name of ex-spouse, no initials, please. Note: If more than one divorce, the same required information and accurate dates must be submitted.
6. Date and place of birth. (City, state or province and country).
7. Full name of Father and Mother and current citizenship. (No initials, Mother’s maiden name). Preferably, attach copy of passport of father and mother.
8. Street address. This is the address where the final documentation will be sent. The courier company requires a street address. Package containing the Certificate of Marriage will require a "received" signature (no PO Box are allowed).
9. Phone number. Necessary for the courier company (in case they can’t find the address).
The procedure for a valid marriage in Costa Rica involves the signing of two documents once the marriage ceremony is concluded. One is a sworn statement attesting principally to your marital status, thus avoiding any further proof. The other is the marriage document itself. After the ceremony, the lawyer cannot give you a Certificate because paperwork must be submitted to the Civil Registry of Costa Rica, first. The whole processing of documents, which includes translation and authentication by the Consulate of your country of residence may vary, and usually takes up to 90 days.
For our customers tranquility, 7 days after the ceremony, our wedding planners will send you a document that proofs that all paperwork regarding your wedding has been submitted to the Civil Registry of Costa Rica for the due process.
Once everything is ready, the Marriage Certificate will be sent, along with instructions, to the address you provided.
The process is really quite simple if you have the right contacts in Costa Rica and thankfully we do. We are happy to help you with the most important day of your life. Don't take chances with inexperience, contact a Destination Wedding Specialist at First Choice for this event.
The best souvenir is spending time with your friends and family for this special occasion!
A COUPLE OF AMAZING COSTA RICA WEDDINGS!!
A COUPLE OF AMAZING COSTA RICA WEDDINGS!!
Discover Costa Rica for more information on this amazing destination.
If you would like to see more of what our clients have to say about their own Adventures in Costa Rica.